Remote Learning Update
Hello HGE Families,
Well, 2020 has thrown another wrench into our plans, but we will adjust and succeed at this new challenge! Please see the below information regarding our switch to remote learning for the next two weeks. **Please Note - those families that have previously chosen the full online option for their child, this does NOT apply to you. Your schedule will continue to stay the same.
Schedule for the Next 3 Weeks
Monday, November 9th
- All classrooms will have a morning meeting at 8:05. Teachers will assign asynchronous work for the rest of the day to allow them to plan.
- Materials - for those students who were absent on Friday, all materials will be available for pick up at the school no later than 1:00 on Monday. This is only for students who were absent on Friday and need to pick up the materials that teachers sent home with students who were present on Friday.
Tuesday, November 10th
- First Day of Remote Learning following the schedule.
Wednesday, November 11th
- No School for Students in honor of Veterans Day (Entire District is off)
Thursday, November 12th - Friday, November 20th
- Remote Learning following the schedule.
Week of November 23rd
- Thanksgiving Break - No School
Monday, November 30th
- Return to in-person learning at Hunters Glen
We are working on finalizing a Hunters Glen Remote Learning Schedule and will share that out soon. Teachers will be sharing their specific schedule with families early next week. Some information for you:
- All students will be expected to be logged on to their teacher's morning meeting via Schoology no later than 8:05 AM each day.
Art, Music, and PE classes will meet live daily for 30 minutes. *Live instruction may not be the full 30 minutes as students may have independent practice after a lesson.
- Students will continue to have the same, 1 special per day, that they have had in person until Wednesday, November 18th. Starting Thursday, November 19th students will rotate to a new special class until Winter Break. Your child's teacher will communicate which special class your child has.
- There will be an all school lunch break from 11:15-11:45 each day. All students will have the same lunchtime to help those families that have students in different grades at Hunters Glen.
- Teacher Absence - if your teacher needs to be absent, they will communicate that with you and provide Asynchronous work for the day(s) they are unable to log on.
We thank you for your partnership moving forward with this next challenge that this school year has brought us.
We CAN do this!
Christopher J. Blados, Principal