Hunters Glen Remote Learning Schedule
Hello HGE Families,
Attached to this page is the Building Schedule that Hunters Glen will follow for the next two weeks, while the building is closed and our students and staff complete remote learning. A reminder, that those families who had previously chosen full remote learning are to follow the schedule provided to them by their remote teacher. Some important items to note:
- Students will need to access their work and teacher links through Schoology, just as we did at the beginning of the school year.
- As with all schedules, our goal will be to not change this schedule, but there is always a chance a change may need to be made due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Your teacher will be sharing with you your child's classroom schedule early this week.
- Students need to be logged on no later than 8:05 to their Morning Meeting each day so they are not marked tardy.
- The main instructional period will be from 8:05 - 1:00 for all students, Monday - Friday.
From 1:05 - 1:50 will be additional instructional time for all teachers in a small group setting. Students will be expected to log on and/or complete work during this time if requested by the teacher. This instructional time may include, but is not limited to:
- Extra support or enrichment
- Reading Group or other Small Group Instruction
- Complete unfinished work from the day or additional assigned asynchronous work from teachers.
- Staff will be available from 1:50 - 2:20 for Office Hours to offer additional support and to answer questions from students or parents.
- Teachers may assign additional Asynchronous Work to students from 2:20-3:00.
- Wednesday will be a Synchronous Learning Day for students and the main instructional period on Wednesday will remain 8:05 - 1:00.
The student day will end at 1:00 on Wednesday. There will be no additional small group time and no teacher office hours on Wednesday.
- No additional work will be assigned for Wednesday afternoons, but teachers may have students complete unfinished work from the day.
- Social Emotional Learning Lessons using our Second Step Curriculum will replace Science/Social Studies on Wednesdays.
Special Education Services
- Students who receive special education services will continue to receive those services remotely. The goal is for students to receive this instruction during the 8:05-1:00 instructional time. However, due to a condensed schedule, some students may receive their special education instruction during the 1:05-1:50 Small Group time.
Other Important Notes
Teachers are not expected to be live teaching the entire day. For example, the schedule has 60 minutes for math instruction daily. Depending on the lesson and grade, that could mean:
- 60 minutes of live instruction
- A lesson for 15-30 minutes followed by student independent work or small group instruction.
- A short review of previously taught lessons and independent work or small group instruction.
- If students complete all assigned work before the time is up, they are able to take a break, provided they are ready and back on the computer when the teacher has asked.
- Each grade level has a break built into the schedule. Teachers may add additional breaks, as needed, dependent on the grade, the workload, and/or student needs.
- Teachers are not expected to be live teaching the entire day. For example, the schedule has 60 minutes for math instruction daily. Depending on the lesson and grade, that could mean:
We again thank you for your partnership and flexibility that all of us have had to adapt to due the challenges of COVID-19.